My Blog List

Sunday, November 25, 2018

Easy trout with garlic



            Had enough turkey? Not that the turkey and fixings weren’t delicious, but I got a longing today for a light fish dinner. I got one Ruby Red trout filet from the market where I’m sure it’s fresh, not pre-frozen, and roasted it.

            Just put the trout filet, skin side down on a sheet pan. A friend blessed me with a sheet pan that fits into my toaster oven, so I used that. Mix a bit of olive oil, salt and pepper, a crushed garlic clove, and lemon to taste, and pour over the trout. Sprinkle some capers on it for an extra tang if you want.

            Pre-heat your toaster oven to 450 and roast the trout until it is opaque—probably ten minutes. Don’t overcook or it will be dry. Just scrape it gently off the pan and directly onto the plate and enjoy. Yeah, I should have taken a picture, but above is the half filet I saved for lunch tomorrow. A bit of lemon, and it will be just great. I like leftovers cold, but you could easily heat at a low temperature in the toaster oven.

            Thanksgiving wasn’t completely out of my mind, though. I so enjoyed the old-fashioned green bean casserole that I made a small one for myself. One can of cut green beans (not French style) and half a can of mushroom soup, a bit of salt and pepper and a dash of Worcestershire. Who needs French’s fried onion rings? I have at least one serving of that left for lunch tomorrow too.

            How about you? What do you cook when you’re up-to-here with turkey?

No comments:

Post a Comment